Tuesday 8 April 2014

April 8, 2014 Indore - summer morning

The summer sun is being relentless. It laughs at me all day long, like a villain of the 80s bollywood film, and then mocks me when it goes down leaving the temperatures so high that a whole sunless night fails to relieve me. Yes I take refuge in air conditioning, but that hardly helps me to forget the boiling atmosphere outside. I miss the cool November breeze. The AC feels more like the chilly December winter, equally uncomfortable. Early this morning I get up and go out in my balcony in an attempt of beating the sun to catch some fresh gentle puffs of air. I see the usual summer blooms moving merrily in the morning air; not all about summer in this part of the country is hot and ugly. But there is an addition to the party today. I take some time to notice that the little branches laden with tiny flowers are moving in a different manner than they do with the wind. Trying to focus with my groggy eyes I finally see a little creature hopping around the bushes. It is so tiny, so beautiful and so cheerful. It keeps hopping from branch to branch sucking nectar out of the brightly coloured flowers. I am lost in its play and start to forget all about the heat when the glowing monster comes up and forces the little one and everybody else into hiding. 






2 comments:

  1. You and your imagination...this pictures are more like fresh springs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful to have a little bunch of spring in your home even in summer. Summer blooms are brilliant. In the background is a mango tree, that's why the fresh green leaves.

    ReplyDelete