Saturday 5 November 2016

Faith and Fear

Most my thoughts get converted to graphics. Sometimes though writing them feels like a necessity. Here is one such thought that's been troubling me for a while now, put into words. Still, writing does not mean I won't do artwork. I used calligraphy for the title using a crow quill nib and a cursive freestyle hand. In case you find it difficult to read in this image, scroll down for a typed version.













































Faith and Fear

I started questioning faith
It had begun to interrupt humanity
It looked like a stranger.

I am unable to decide the state of my mind.
Am I lost or am I mistaken?
Deceived by a thought?
The struggle goes on,
the answer has to be sought.

Faith has transformed into fear
Fear of the undesired,
results not wont.
Rituals have become rules
Rules born of mistrust and unsettled minds.
Sense has turned selfish
Sensitivity has grown unkind
How a demon it has bred?
Faith divine.

Such faith is not inborn but implanted
Implanted in the mind,
implanted out of fear,
that a child may trust where parent not desire.
A faith that is lodged in the mind and it rots.

Let faith be discovered
and embraced by a receiving heart.
Force nothing of this delicate being,
with fear only fear will be got.

Pragya Goenka

No comments:

Post a Comment